Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
Submit your observations to: eBird
News and Events
- Upcoming Field Trips, see the Field Trips page for details:
* Muskegon Area, Weekend, November 14 - 15
* Belle Isle Park, Saturday, November 21
* Niagara Falls Ontario, Weekend, December 5 - 6 * Christmas Bird Count, Saturday, December 19
- Contact Jeff Stacey if you would like to participate in the Christmas Bird Count as a feeder watcher or field observer. And be sure to read the article by Pete Dunne, "Christmas Counting" in the December 2015 issue of BirdWatching magazine. It's full of good tips to increase your bird count.
- It's time to renew your OAS membership. Click on the Membership page to print the membership form, then fill it out and mail it in with your dues to continue enjoying all the great OAS activities.
- The November/December 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale