Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
Submit your observations to: eBird
News and Chatter
- Susanne Greenlee of Oakland County Parks will entertain and educate us about the "Singing Insects of Michigan" at our May 12, 2015 Membership Meeting at 7:30 PM.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Point Pelee NP, May 2; Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, May 9; NAMC, May 9; Tawas Point Birding Festival, May 16-17; Port Huron SGA, May 23; Wild Card Trip, May 31. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Upcoming Young Birders Club Activities: NAMC at Kensington Metropark, May 9; Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, May 16. See the Young Birders page for details.
- The North American Migration Count (NAMC) will be conducted on Saturday, May 9, 2015. OAS members are encouraged to particpate by counting birds in Oakland County. Please contact Ed Lewandowski and let him know the territory you will cover and to receive the count form.
- The March/April 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Jeff Stacey, Joan Tisdale