Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
Submit your observations to: eBird
News and Events
- October Program: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 7:30 PM. Gordon Lonie will take us on a tour of Glacier National Park.
- Upcoming Field Trips, see the Field Trips page for details:
Bay City SRA, Sunday, October 11
Highland Oaks County Park, Sunday, October 25
Muskegon Area, Weekend, November 14 - 15
Belle Isle State Park, Saturday, November 21
- Thanks to everyone who has completed the OAS Member Survey. If you have not yet completed the survey, please do so. Your opinion is important to us.
- Fall means raptor migration. View the daily counts from the Detroit River Hawk Watch at hawkcount.org and stop by the Lake Erie Metropark boat launch site to see all the action.
- It's time to renew your OAS membership. Click on the Membership page to print the membership form, then fill it out and mail it in with your dues to continue enjoying all the great OAS activities.
- The September/October 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale