Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958.
Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- March Program: Come and learn about "Beavers in Oakland County" in an entertaining program by Gordon Lonie; Tuesday, March 11, 7:30 PM at the First United Methodist Church.
- Upcoming field trips: Oakland County Ducks, March 23; Grosse Isle/Lake Erie Metropark, March 29, U of M Museum of Zoology, April 5, St. Clair Marshes, April 12. See the Field Trips page for details.
Special Note: Also see the Field Trips page for details on two upcoming weekend field trips that require hotel reservations: West Michigan on May 10-11 and Cornell Lab of Ornithology on May 16-18.
- Young Birders Club events: March 29, Nature Journaling, Red Oaks Nature Center. See the Young Birders page for details.
- The March/April 2014 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale