Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- Join us for an educational look at Antartica, presented by Dr. Orlin Gelderloos at our February 10, 2015 Membership Meeting at 7:30 PM.
- Upcoming Field Trips: St. Clair River, January 24; Beaudette Park/Oakland County, February 7; GBBC February 13-16; Eastern UP, February 21-22; U of M Museum of Natural History, March 7. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Upcoming Young Birders Club Activities: GBBC (Independence Oaks Park), February 14; Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, March 14. See the Young Birders page for details.
- Mark your calendars for the 18th annual Great Backyard Bird Count taking place February 13 - 16, 2015. Count birds in your backyard, a local park or other favorite place, then upload your results to www.birdcount.org.
- There is still time to renew your OAS membership. Go to the Membership page, click on the membership form and mail the completed form along with your dues to David Frye. And then enjoy another exciting year of birding.
- The Jan/Feb 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale