Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website!
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958.
Connect with us:
News and Chatter .
- Our annual evening bird walk will take place on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM. We will visit Holland Ponds and Shadbush Nature Center in Shelby Township, both good birding spots. See the Meetings page for directions.
- We have late spring and many summer field trips lined up this year. So periodically check our Field Trips page for an updated listing.
- Ohio Rt. 2 construction alert: both eastbound and westbound Ohio Rt. 2 is closed for construction just east of Metzger Marsh. Suggested detour: take Rt. 2 to Veller Rd. (just east of Metzger), turn right on Veller, take it to Elliston, turn left on Elliston and take it to OH 579; turn left on 579 which brings you back to Rt. 2; turn right on Rt. 2 and continue east to Ottawa NWR and Magee Marsh Wildlife Area.
- The May-June, 2013 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page of the website.
- If you have any news that is current and should be communicated to our members, please contact Don Burlett, OAS President.
- To provide, on a local level, access to the natural world through educational programs such as meetings and
- To advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats and endeavor to create interest in native birds, other animals and plants in Michigan.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale