Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website!
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958.
Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- The North American Migration Count will be conducted on Saturday, May 11, 2013. Please contact our Field Trip officer, Ed Lewandowski, if you are going to do a count in Oakland County.
- Join us on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 (7:30 PM) for a trip to the Buddhist country of Bhutan with all its exotic bird species and grand scenery as Don Burlett, President of OAS, tells of his recent trip to this fascinating land. See the Meetings page for a full listing of our other upcoming speakers.
- Spring migration is finally here, and we have plenty of field trips lined up to catch the action. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Ohio Rt. 2 construction alert: both eastbound and westbound Ohio Rt. 2 is closed for construction just east of Metzger Marsh. Suggested detour: take Rt. 2 to Veller Rd. (just east of Metzger), turn right on Veller, take it to Elliston, turn left on Elliston and take it to OH 579; turn left on 579 which brings you back to Rt. 2; turn right on Rt. 2 and continue east to Ottawa NWR and Magee Marsh Wildlife Area.
- The May-June, 2013 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page of the website.
- If you have any news that is current and should be communicated to our members, please contact Don Burlett, OAS President.
- To provide, on a local level, access to the natural world through educational programs such as meetings and
- To advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats and endeavor to create interest in native birds, other animals and plants in Michigan.
Photo credits this page: Robert Epstein