Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958.
Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- Upcoming field trips: Belle Isle on November 23, an "Owl Prowl" with the DNR at Bald Mountain SRA on December 8 and the Christmas Bird Count on December 14. See the Field Trips page for details.
- We've posted two new activities for our Young Birders Club. They include an "Owl Prowl" with the DNR at Bald Mountain State Recreation Area (Gun Range) on December 8 (for both kids and adults) and Christmas Bird Count feeder watching at the Wint Nature Center at Independence Oaks County Park and at the Moose Tree Nature Preserve in Lake Orion on December 14. Details are provided on the Young Birders page.
- Please contact Ed Lewandowski, OAS field trip officer, if you wish to participate in this year's Christmas Bird Count. We can use both feeder watchers and field observers.
- It's time to renew your OAS membership. See the Membership page for the form; fill it out and send it with your dues to Dave Frye and continue to enjoy some great birding experiences.
- The November-December 2013 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- If you have any news that is current and should be communicated to our members, please contact Don Burlett, OAS President.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale