Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
Submit your observations to: eBird
News and Chatter
- Join us for an early evening nature walk on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:30 PM, at Heritage Park, Farmington Hills, MI. See the Meetings page for details.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Tawas Point Birding Festival, May 16-17; Port Huron SGA, May 23; Wild Card Trip, May 31; Orion Oaks County Park, June 6; Oak Openings Metro Park, June 13. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Upcoming Young Birders Club Activities: Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, May 16; Seven Ponds Nature Center, June 13. See the Young Birders page for details.
- Thanks to all who participated in this year's North American Migration Count. Be sure to send your completed checklists to Ed Lewandowski and don't forget to also submit your observations to eBird.
- The May/June 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Robert Epstein, Joan Tisdale