Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958.
Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- May Program: Don Chalfant will entertain us with "Birding Humor" on Tuesday, May 13, 7:30 PM at the First United Methodist Church.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Wetzel SRA, April 27; Rouge River Bird Observatory, May 3; North American Migration Count, May 10; West Michigan, May 10-11; Cornell Lab of Ornithology, May 16-18. See the Field Trips page for details and brush up on your spring bird ID's by visiting our Photo Galleries.
Field trip special notices: See the Field Trips page for details on two upcoming weekend field trips that
require hotel reservations: West Michigan on May 10-11 and Cornell Lab of Ornithology on May 16-18;
and for information about the July 19 field trip to theToledo Zoo that requires advance signup.
- Young Birders Club events: April 26, Lake Erie Metropark, May 11; Bird Walk, Kensington Metropark; June 7, Grassland Bird Hike, Orion Oaks County Park; and June 19, Grassland Bird Survey, Addison Oaks County Park. See the Young Birders page for details.
- The March/April 2014 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale