Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
Submit your observations to: eBird
News and Chatter
- Please join us at our upcoming membership meeting on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 @7:30 PM. Don Burlett will present the program, "Thailand-the Land of Smiles". There will be an optics display before and after the meeting.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Pointe Mouillee SGA, August 22; Waterloo SRA, August 30; Hudson Mills Metropark, September 5, Nuthatch Open, September 19. See the Field Trips page for details.
- The Midwest Birding Symposium will be conducted in Bay City, Michigan on September 10-13, 2015. See www.michiganaudubon.org for details.
- And don't forget about Hawkfest which will be held on September 19 - 20, 2015 at Lake Erie Metropark. Always a fun weekend!
- The September-October 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale