Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- OAS member, Sue Wright will share with us her trip to the Galapagos Islands at our April 14, 2015 Membership Meeting at 7:30 PM.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Chrysler Corp. Grounds Survey, April 11; Berrien County in Spring, April 18-19; WPBO Spring Fling, April 25-26. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Upcoming Young Birders Club Activities: Nature Journaling-Red Oaks County Park, April 18; Bird Photography-Kensington Metropark, April 25. See the Young Birders page for details.
- Other events: The Stage Nature Center, 6685 Coolidge Highway, Troy, MI 48098 is holding a "Feathered Friends Festival" on Saturday, April 18, 2015 from Noon to 4:30 PM. The festivies include live hawks and owls and the entire family is welcome.
- The March/April 2015 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Robert Epstein, Joan Tisdale