Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- Join us for an important presentation on the status of "Michigan's Wolves" at our membership meeting on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM. And we will hold a Used Book Sale of bird and nature books at the meeting.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Algonac State Park, October 11; RiverBends Park, October 26; Lake Erie Metropark, November 8; and Belle Isle Park, November 22. See the Field Trips page for details.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 Nuthatch Open: 1st place in the Open Div. - Birders without Borders, Erik Weyhrauch, Tom Hince and Paul Pratt. 1st place in the Youth Div. - Ed Lewandowski, Tom Shehan, Breanna Morgan and Canon Crawford.
- It's time to renew your OAS membership. Go to the Membership page, click on the membership form and mail the completed form along with your dues to David Frye. And then enjoy another exciting year of birding.
- The Sept/Oct 2014 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale