Welcome to the Oakland Audubon Society (OAS) Website
We have served Oakland County, Michigan since 1958. Connect with us:
News and Chatter
- Join us for an educational program, "Flying Wild" presented by Mike Mansour at our membership meeting on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM.
- Upcoming Field Trips: Lake Erie Metropark, November 8; Belle Isle Park, November 22 and the Christmas Bird Count, December 20. See the Field Trips page for details.
- The annual Christmas Bird Count will be conducted by OAS on Saturday, December 20, 2014. Please contact Ed Lewandowski if you wish to participate either as a field counter or feeder watcher. A CBC workshop will be held on Sunday, November 9, 2014, 1:30 PM at Independence Oaks County Park - Wint Nature Center.
- It's time to renew your OAS membership. Go to the Membership page, click on the membership form and mail the completed form along with your dues to David Frye. And then enjoy another exciting year of birding.
- The Nov/Dec 2014 Nuthatch newsletter is now available on the Nuthatch page.
- Promote an interest in native wildlife including birds, other animals and plants and advocate the preservation of wildlife habitats in Michigan.
- Provide on a local level, access to the natural world through activities and social media such as meetings, field trips, newsletter, website, facebook, twitter and blogs.
Photo credits this page: Joan Tisdale