Young Birders Club
Our goal is to teach young people and their families the importance
of bird life and nature in the community through programs and
outdoor experiences. You will learn and develop skills through stewardship
while having fun. The club is directed to young people ages 8 to 18.
1) The Young Birders Club is open to young birders of any skill level
between ages 8-18, but younger birders with real interest are also welcome.
2) Young birders must be accompanied by a parent during all activities.
Young birders age 16-18 can participate without parental
accompaniment provided a permission/waiver form has been signed
by a parent.
3) Young Birders are encouraged to maintain an
OAS family membership.
1) Young Birders must complete the attached form
and bring to an event to participate.
2) We recommend that young birders have their own
binoculars (light weight) and a field notebook.
There is the possibility of sharing or borrowing binoculars on
outings but this cannot be guaranteed.
3) Transportation to event locations is the responsibility of the parent unless otherwise indicated.
4) Be sure to dress for the weather.
5) All Young Birder Club activities will be canceled during severe weather conditions (snowstorms, tornado/thunderstorms). Please check with activity leaders when in doubt.
**Pre-registration is required. Please contact the field trip leader at email@example.com to register **
Oakland Audubon follows MDHHS guidelines in effect at the time. Guidelines are rapidly changing.
1. Pre-registration is required; numbers are limited.
2. Face masks may be required to enter some facilities.
3. Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to anyone with Covid 19.
4. Directions and details are sent in advance to pre-registrants.
Field Trip Reports